The Liebster Award
I still consider myself to be pretty new to blogging so when I heard that someone had nominated me for The Liebster Award I had to quickly go and Google it! I was actually nominated a couple of weeks ago by the lovely Diana from Cups & Roses for nominating me for this award. She is so sweet and she has such a lovely blog so you should definitely go and check here blog out here. Then yesterday I was nominated again by Monica from Brunette in Back. She has an amazing blog with such great post and she’s pretty new to blogging like me so you should definitely go and check out her blog here.
I was flattered to be nominated once, let alone twice! So now I have two sets of 11 questions to answer, and they are all such great questions that I don’t want to miss any out. Hope you guys don’t mind finding out a bit more about me than expected!
. Let’s start with the rules
1. Post the award on your blog
2. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog
3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask 11 for your nominees to answer
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 1100 followers
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them
1. Where were you last year and where do you see yourself one year from now?
Last year I had just finished my AS exams and I was back at school starting my A2 subjecting and thinking about UCAS and university. In a year from now I hope to have earned enough money to go travelling and be looking forward to going to university.
2. Which was the best year of your life till now and why?
I think the last year has been the best year of my life even though it has in many ways also been the hardest. I’ve had some things that didn’t go quite my way but I’ve learnt so much about myself as a person and I think I’ve really gown up a lot. I also met my boyfriend last year and I have had much more of a social life!
3. What is the biggest virtue blogging has taught you so far?
It sounds cliche but stay true to yourself. Just blog about things that interest you and write posts that you would want to read yourself. As long as you’re enjoying blogging the rest doesn’t really matter.
4. Art or science?
I think I would have to say Art even though I actually chose to study science longer. But I’m a pretty creative person and have always love art and fashion.
5. Do you have any hobbies?
Dance is a pretty big hobby of mine, I’ve been doing all sorts of dance since the age of four! I’ve also been part of a dance school for years now and they are almost like a second family to me! Honestly, my dance teacher is like my other mum! I also love yoga, singing, drawing and obviously blogging.
6. Which is your favourite movie?
Another cliche answer I would have to say either Breakfast At Tiffany’s (Audrey Hepburn is one of my idols) or the Notebook.
7. Which is your favourite colour?
It changes depending on the season really. In summer I love coral and mint and pastel colours and in Winter I like to wear navy and burgundy. But I think if I had to pick one colour it would be a pastel blue.
8. Which is your favourite fragrance?
Probably Daisy by Marc Jacobs or I have an Ghost perfume which has nearly finished but I don’t want to use it as I know that they don’t sell it anymore. Although I have just bought the new Daisy Dream perfume by Marc Jacobs and it smells AMAZING! So I think that would have to be my new favourite fragrance.
9. Eye shadow or lipstick?
My eyes are quite big and brown and are one of the features on my face that I like to use makeup to draw more attention to so I would have to say eyeshadow. Although being a bit of a makeup addict I do have a large and growing collection of lip products!
10. Which is your favourite holiday destination?
My ideal holiday would be lying on a beautiful beach with clear sea, listening to good music and reading a book/fashion magazine. Of the places I have been I love Egypt and Dubai but one day I would love to go to Bora Bora or Mauritius. Although I think city breaks are such a great holiday too. I just got back from Paris and I absolutely loved it.
11. How do you imagine your dream house?
I think designing your own house would be one of the most exciting things ever! When I was younger I used to be obsessed with Sims 2. I’d hardly ever actually play with the people I’d just build and design loads of different houses! I think my dream house would be an open plan kitchen and living area. I also think that there would be quite a lot of white with simple modern decor but decorative pretty accessories. Also it would be super neat as tidy and everything would have its place as I am such a neat freak!
1. A drink you wouldn’t trade for anything
I don’t really have a favourite drink to be honest. I love hot chocolates in the winter and summer fruits squash with lemonade in the summer.
2. What’s your biggest fear?
I have loads of fears such as my life not meeting the expectations I have in my head which is ridiculous because life never turns out the way you plan it anyway! I think that my biggest fear though is losing someone that I love.
3. Favourite social network?
Well I don’t have twitter and I don’t use Facebook that much so I would have to say Instagram!
4. What talent would you like to have?
A photographic memory! Does that count?! If not then I’d love to be really logical and intelligent like the people in CSI and those kind of programmes!
5. Animals or people?
People because it’s nice to have someone to talk to. Although I do love hugging animals.
6. A song that describes you the most
Okay, this is the hardest questions ever! Totally depends on my mood. I’ve spend like half an hour trying t think of a song and I still can’t even answer that, sorry guys!
7. If you could build your own company, what would it be about?
I’d love to own my own fashion and accessories company, that would be amazing! Talk about a hard industry to break into though!
8. The thing you mostly want to do right now
Hug my boyfriend! Cheesy I know, but he’s away in Leeds at the moment and I miss him.
9. Which Disney character would you like to be and why?
I would either be Violet from the Incredibles becuase it would be awesome to be invisible or Ariel from the little mermaid because the idea of living underwater in a castle with a fish as a bestfriend would just be the best thing ever!
10. Favourite scent?
My new perfume Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs. Go check out my last post if you want to hear more about it!
11. Who’s your role model?
I don’t really think I have one. There are loads of people that I admire and look up to like Audrey Hepburn, my mum and Taylor Swift though!
- What is your favourite place in the world?
- If you could only use one piece of makeup for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What is your dream job?
- Where do you hope to be in 5 years time?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What is your relationship to the last person that you texted?
- What is your favourite high street and favourite designer store?
- If you could only eat one meal forever what would it be?
- Describe your style in three words
- When did you start blogging and why?
- Who is your celebrity crush?