Benefits Of Dry Brushing
I have been dry brushing before I shower for probably nearly a year now. And while my friends and family think I’m crazy for doing it I wanted to share with you what dry brushing is and why I do it. I know that beauty fads come out all the time, and being a total beauty junkie I probably so get sucked in by advertising and magazines. But this is something that I have researched a lot, done for nearly a year and genuinely believe is really good.
So what is dry brushing? Dry brushing is simply brushing the skin with a brush like the one in the picture above before you shower. It best done starting at the hands and the ankles and brushing in long upward motions towards the heart.
What are the benefits?
The skin is the largest organ in the body yet I think so often we forget to care for it. Often when we think of skin we just think about the skin on our face as it is the most obvious and visible. But we need to look after all of out skin and I think that dry brushing is a really quick and simple step do add to your routine to do that.
- Exfoliation – this is one of the simplest and most natural ways to exfoliate the skin
- fewer in grown hairs – shedding dead skin cells through exfoliation can help with ingrowing hairs. I have been waxing my legs for years and I’ve definitely noticed a difference.
- Smoother, brighter skin – shedding dead skin cells can help to improve the appearance of the skin.
- Helps with blood flow in the skin
- Can help with muscle tone and a move even distribution of fat pockets
- May reduce cellulite
So if you don’t already I would really recommend dry brushing, you might find that you love it like I do. It is quick and easy and it actually feels very nice and relaxing before a shower and helps to wake me up in the morning. The brush that I use is just from Boots Botanics range but they have a few different options. Hope you enjoying reading this little post. xx